A frogman is a person who has been trained in swimming underwater or scuba diving in a tactical manner which involves military or police work.
Such a person is also known as a combat swimmer, combatant diver, or combat diver. Essentially, FROGMEN (and women) are the ultimate warriors, able to move undetected under water and on land.
To train like a frogman or navy seal, you need to know about the expansion of its operation. It’s not enough to just watch hyper-realistic war movies, you need to actually prepare your body as well.
The wide range of operations conducted by frogmen includes the following:
Amphibious assault – This includes a stealthy deployment of boarding or land forces.
The major expansion of the combat swimmer objectives is only to get from one place to another and arrive there by being properly equipped with various pieces of machinery and with a fit physical condition to challenge the adverse situation.
If you are interested in this type of training you may like our DPV/SDV guide where we review the different types of personal underwater propulsion devices (scooters) to help you move more quickly and efficiently underwater.
Sabotage – This involves including some limpet mines on the vessels.
Clandestine surveying – This includes speculating a beach prior to a troop landing or any other kinds of unauthorized underwater activities.
Clandestine underwater work – It involves recovering the objects underwater and potentially surveillance of hostile actors.
7 Benefits of Frogman Training
Some of the benefits of gaining training of a frogman include:
- Through training, you will learn various safety skills and physical endurance. These are crucial for becoming a frogman. It also offers tactical knowledge and makes you thoroughly prepared for the profession.
- The frogman will have to stay physically fit and reliable to deal with every moment. Training in the navy seal will prepare you to be physically fit and mentally stable. This will also make you strong and confident. Extensive training will help you to gain these efficiencies.
- The training will help you to be sharp and quick enough to adopt new skills and face new challenges in life.
- A rigorous training may seem to be difficult and strenuous at first but you will gradually understand its huge importance. It will prepare you for all the sudden emergencies. You will be able to help others during an emergency like falling through the ice, boat sinking, car crash, etc. You must admit that rescuing people is indeed a noble and satisfactory task.
- Becoming a frogman is not solely about a high salary package but also about earning reputation, honor, and multiple skills. And of course, you will get to meet new adventures every single day and face multiple dangers. If you have an adventurous bent of mind, this is an extremely satisfying profession. Naturally, you can understand that training is important to meet these criteria.
- It will make you better at diving and enhance your skills. It will also help you to hold your breath for a long time and your nerve will be steady.
- Individuals will get to know new skills and the supervisors will make sure that these perfections become your second nature. This spontaneity is the first and foremost contribution to the training. Once trained properly you will be able to apply all these tactics during swim pairs, boat crews, and group activities.
A frogman is a man of honor.
Commitment, courage and honor are the three core values of navy and as a frogman, you will have to abide by these.
In return, you will receive all these from your fellows and the entire society. Naturally, training is important to keep you spontaneous, active, and fit at all time.
Top Training Tips 2020
Here are some pro tips (researched from authoritative published first-hand accounts) you must bear in mind:
1. Watch videos – Before really taking part in a training actively you may try watching some videos of how a boatman work. This will offer you a greater insight into what you may have to go through during the training.
Trust us when we say that pursuing a passion is absolutely a different thing than only having a passion. So you better be prepared for all the hardships but only to achieve a sweet result after finishing the course.
2. Learn the basics – A knowledge of the training schedule will impart a comprehensive idea about the training. From boat handling to small boat maintenance, learning swimming techniques, and uniform standards, and knot tying – everything is a part of the extensive training programme.
Further, the study of surf reports and the entire ocean and ship behavior, tide tables, handling weapons, patrol formations, gear maintenance are some important areas of the training.
Frogmen and SEALs need special gear that can stand up to the rigors of being soaked in all types of water and still work so they can complete their missions.
We’ve reviewed some of the most durable waterproof rifle scopes that would be perfect on a frogman’s personal rifle. Keep waterproofing in mind when evaluating all your gear, from clothing to watches, knives and even electronics.
3. Adventurous mindset – If you have an adventurous bent of mind, you will be able to better comprehend, analyze, and consume the training. It will also help to reduce any strain and keep you fit and active throughout the program.
If you do something forcefully, that you really don’t want to do, you may not get the best results. On the other hand, if you pursue your passion, you are already halfway there.
4. Minute attention to details – Observing the details and easily adapting to change are two important qualities of the frogmen.
5. Regular exercise – It’s important to stay fit and strong in order to partake into such a profession. So regular exercise is a must.
Training can enhance your skill but it cannot entirely change your food habit if you are not fit enough. So before pursuing a training program ensure that you are healthy enough to adopt such an extensive course.
Make sure that you are not lazy or bulky because it will affect you while swimming. This is also risky because you will have to face multiple challenges throughout your career.
6. Compassionate attitude – No matter how much you train for physical improvement and skill enhancement, a compassionate mind is the foremost requirement. If you are compassionate enough to help others, you will have an added advantage.
7. Steady Nerves – Being a frogman is not a cup of tea for the weak-minded people. So you better start meditating and keep your nerves strong before pursuing such training.
These tips will help you to train like a frogman in no time. Try these and let us know your thoughts, and, GOOD LUCK!